Increased vehicle performance and battery longevity through optimum thermal management
Controlling the temperature of a battery is critical to realising the full performance capability and maximising the life of the cells.
CBT has developed a multi-function heat exchanging system, woven between the cells inside its Structural Battery.
Heat Transfer Fluid
- Flow rate optimised for tight temperature control
- Offers a superior heat transfer path
- Sampled for telltale gasses
- Vented in the event of cell gassing
- Purged during thermal runaway
By locating the cooling system as closely as possible to the battery cells, CBT can precisely manage cell temperatures and keep them within an optimal range.
Temperature Impacts Battery Sizing & Life & Thus Cost